My main focus area is in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with particular emphasis on the following areas:
- Wind Farm Micro-sitting
- Fluid-Structure interaction (Aeroelasticity)
- Turbulence simulation/modelling
- Turbulent reacting flow
- Multiphase flow
- Non-Newtonian flow
- Development of CFD code
September 2012 -- 2017:Ph.D, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, City University of London, UK.Thesis title: "Flutter Prediction of Composite Wings Using Coupled DSM-CFD Model in Transonic Flow" January 2010 -- November 2011:M.Eng, Mechanical Engineering (Research), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia.Thesis title: "Eddy Dissipation Model For Modelling of Turbulent Nonpremixed Combustion with Radiation Effect Using OpenFOAM" September 2002 -- June 2008:B.Sc, Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt.Graduation Project: "CFD applications using Fluent".Modelling three main problems flow over cylinder, flow over aerofoil and flow in turbomachinery (NASA Low Speed Centrifugal Compressor).
My postgraduate research is focused on computational fluid dynamics using and developing codes since 2010. The main areas of expertise are:
- ABL modelling for wind energy applications.
- Numerical modelling of fluid-structure interaction in external flow problems.
- Dynamics response analysis of aircraft wings.
- Turbulent combustion modelling of jet and swirling flames.
- Transient compressible and incompressible flow modelling.
- CFD code development (OpenFOAM).
September 2012 -- April 2016:
Visiting Tutor (part-time), City University London.
- Tutoring undergraduate students and supervising structures labs and tutorials.
- Assisting in the supervision of undergraduate projects.
February 2017 -- present: Research Associate, Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy Systems (IWES), Oldenburg, Germany
CFD codes: OpenFOAM, ANSYS Fluent Programing: C/C++, Python, Git Scripting: Octave/MATLAB, Bash Meshing: GMSH, blockMesh, snappyHexMesh, Salome CAD/FEM codes: FreeCAD, Salome-meca, code_aster, ANSYS Mechanical Misc.: LaTeX, Gnuplot, ParaView, Jupyter (IPython)